[opencms-dev] Where can one find the OpenCms version quickly?

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Mar 11 09:46:42 CET 2008

Everytime I want to figure out which particular version an OpenCms
installation is I'm searching the place where the version is hidden.

I don't see an obvious place where it can be found in the workplace.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to put it in a heading, e.g. in the
preferences Menu or in the Help menu?

Being at it: opening the Help menu of a 7.0.4 OpenCms it reads:

"OpenCms 6 contains a new, completely revised administration view, which
allows to perform the administrative management of OpenCms."

Yes, I know, help contents always has been a stepchild.