[opencms-dev] Hiding addresses from spammers in opencms

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Wed Mar 12 17:14:25 CET 2008

I'm using a tomcat filter that obfuscates mailto's by replacing them
with javascript commands. It has a couple of kinks, but is certainly
useful (one known problem is that it sometimes also obfuscates exception
dumps pages, so you should probably test your site for errors before
activating the filter)

Since it is a Tomcat filter it works on all pages without changes to
anything in OpenCms. There is an overhead in the range of 10ms on
average hardware and not to complicated pages, but the filter can be set
to only work on certain pages/part of your site.

You can see an example at
http://www.codedroids.com/en/company/contact.html (search the html code
for "obfuscate").

I can mail the jar to you if it is something like this you are looking for.

Claus

Taras Vasilkevich wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> is there in opencms an option to activate hiding addresses from spammers.
> For example all e-mail-adresses will be on page generation automaticly
> encrypted.
> [at] replaces the "@"-Symbol in email-adresses. The result would be:
> yourmail[at]yourdomain.de.
> I know such function from typo3 (it depends on active javascript.) And
> there are many scripts like this available on the web.
>
> Can somebody give me a hint how to implement it into opencms, so
> encryption done automatically.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Taras Vasilkevich

Claus Priisholm, CodeDroids ApS