[opencms-dev] include and template tags with elements

Wagner,Aaron anwagner at deq.virginia.gov
Fri Mar 14 13:11:47 CET 2008

I spend most of yesterday tracking down why a template element would not
include in another file.

Template tag:

<cms:template element="headStart">

</cms:template>

Include tag:

<cms:include template element="headStart" />

Then as a last resort, I renamed the "headStart" element to just "head"
and it worked.  That got me thinking that maybe it was a case issue.  I
then changed then both back to "headstart" and it worked ! !

Do elements have to be lowercase?  I thought they were case sensitive
but didn't require lowercase but that is all I see in any documentation.
Or is it a bug with one tag changing case and the other not?

Aaron N Wagner

Web Developer, Office of Public Affairs

DEQ - Virginia Department of Environmental Quality

[W] 804.698.4265

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary,
and those who don't.