[opencms-dev] Load balancing

Yves Glodt yg at mind.lu
Thu Mar 20 11:31:23 CET 2008

Hello,

in my setup I have a hardware loadbalancer/failover device, which will balance
requests to two physical servers running opencms.

These 2 servers are 1:1 copies of each other, and they connect both to the
*same* database (which provides failover through DRBD)

I guess this is not a problem, to have 2 or more opencms-instances from
different servers connecting to the same database, or is it ??? :-)

I would like to request come comments about this kind of setup... What other
ways are good for providing balancing and failover

Regards,
Yves