[opencms-dev] User Roles - Migrating from 6.2.3 to 7.0.4

Roman Uhlig roman.uhlig at knve.de
Sun Mar 30 21:51:51 CEST 2008

We finally decided to migrate all of our OpenCms portals and customer sites
from version 6.2.3 to 7.0.4. As a preparation for this quite big migration
(about 40 sites on 4 OpenCms servers), we did some tests of course.
Everything went very smooth (thanks for that, Alkacon ;) except one problem,
we could not solve by looking into the reworked documentation nor by
searching this mailing list:

In version 6, project managers could edit resources except "system"
resources like jsp files by default. That was great for not allowing
customers project managers to fiddle with coded parts of their site, like
modules and jsp files.
In version 7 we were not able to create a user with similar permissions. The
workplace role is not allowing to edit anything, the VFS resource manager
allows to edit any resource (even jsp), since it has the template developer
role as dependency.

Is there any way to get back the version 6 permission constellation? If not,
how could we achieve a behaviour as described above?

Thank you very much in advance.

I personally hope to see some of you guys, that helped us so much on this
mailing list, at the OpenCms days at Cologne in May.

Roman Uhlig