[opencms-dev] getting custom styles into the FCKeditor menubar

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Apr 8 13:13:11 CEST 2008

I'm trying without success so far to make my styles available in
FCKEditor (7.0.4 that is).

/export/system/modules/org.opencms.workplace.help/jsptemplates/help_body.jsp.html_1920383497.html
says:

FCKeditor custom styles
-----------------------

The FCKeditor supports user defined styles to select from for content
editors. To show these styles, a plain text file containing the style
definition XML code has to be placed in the same folder where the
template CSS style sheet is located in the OpenCms virtual file system
(VFS). Remember to set the "template" property of the OpenCms template
file to the absolute VFS path of the style sheet. This ensures that the
WYSIWYG editor correctly displays the styles defined for the template.

The file containing the XML code has to be exactly named like the file
name of the CSS with the suffix "_style.xml" added. E.g. for the CSS
file "style.css" the style definition file has to be named
"style.css_style.xml". An example for a style XML syntax can be found in
the VFS folder
"/system/workplace/resources/editors/fckeditor/fckstyles.xml".

Details about the usage and configuration of this editor can be found at
the documentation homepage.

I have a file

/site/mysite/index.html

This has a template property assigned:

/system/modules/org.mycompany.frontend/templates/main.jsp

I have a stylesheet:

/system/modules/org.mycompany.frontend/resources/yaml/screen/content.css

and a style xml-file:

/system/modules/org.mycompany.frontend/resources/yaml/screen/content.css_style.xml

Now when I set either the "stylesheet"-porperty or the
"template"-property main.jsp to the path of the stylesheet:
/system/modules/org.mycompany.frontend/resources/yaml/screen/content.css

FCKEditor doesn't care a bag of beans about it. I changed some
Style-Entries to something like MyHeading but it doesn't show up in
FCKEditor.

What am I doing wrong?