[opencms-dev] Happy to see Alkacon has upgraded to Lucene 2.3.1

Shi Yusen shiys at langhua.cn
Fri Apr 11 10:14:41 CEST 2008

I just wrote down the following and try to confirm the current Lucene
version in CVS. I'm very happy to see Alkacon upgraded to Lucene 2.3.1
in 2 days ago. Great!

Have a nice weekend,

Shi Yusen/Beijing Langhua Ltd.

Hi Alkacon,

We just found in the latest Lucene release, there's a new LONG
comparator type in SortField. (From 2.3.0 actually) The javadoc is here:
http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_3_1/api/core/org/apache/lucene/search/SortField.html#LONG

In Lucene 2.2.0, we use
    	SortField sf = new SortField("PublishTime", true);
sometimes the order of the results is not correct.

In Lucene 2.3.1, we use
    	SortField sf = new SortField("PublishTime", SortField.LONG, true);
the order is exactly what we want.

So please upgrade Lucene to the latest version in OpenCms next
release. :)

Thanks in advance.