[opencms-dev] Installation on WebSphere 6.0

Chirouze Olivier olivier.chirouze at volvo.com
Thu Apr 17 17:39:58 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have successfully installed and ran OpenCms 7 on Tomcat 6.

But now I am having trouble installing it on WebSphere 6.0...
- I successfully installed it with the Java 1.4 package (chose /opencms
context root)
- The setup ran successfully: all tables were created and modules were
successfully added (the setup looked just fine with images, etc).

However now the application doesn't work properly:
/opencms/opencms/system/login/index.html is available and I can login
with Admin/admin. But all static files are unavailable (404 on css +
images) and I can't do anything when logged in: I'm getting 404
everywhere. Note that the OpenCms 404 page looks fine: CmsFlexReques I
org.opencms.flex.CmsFlexRequestDispatcher includeExternal
FlexDispatcher: Dispatching to external target
/WEB-INF/jsp/online/system/handler/handle404.html.jsp

Startup seems fine (no errors): "OpenCms is running!  : Total startup
time was 00:00:34".

In a word, I get no error whatsoever but most of the content of OpenCms
goes to 404 and it is unusable.

I couldn't find any information about how to install OpenCms on another
app server than Tomcat. If someone could help me or point me to some
documentation I missed?

I've played a lot with OpenCms and am really close to giving a "go" for
this product. But I need to have it run on WAS6.0!

Thanks!

Olivier