[opencms-dev] Assuring Security by testing

Michael Osipov ossipov at inf.fu-berlin.de
Wed Apr 30 11:30:58 CEST 2008

Hi devs,

I've been investigating OpenCms within my Bachelor's thesis "Application
of security test tools in open source" at the Free University of Berlin
(FU Berlin) [1].
Basically, I am looking for security measures which have been taken to
prevent security leaks/vulnerabilities especially with security test
tools which provide fuzzing capabilities for SQL injection, parameter
tampering, path traversal etc.

So far, I have search the repository and the ant build.xml, the homepage
and the mailing list. The repo/build.xml revealed only a few JUnit test
cases which are not designed to do any security testing. The homepage
and mailing list revealed no information at all.

Are any measures taken whatsoever to assure security with testing tools,
a special test plan or functional requirements?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

[1] https://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/w/SE/ThesisFOSSSecurityTools
--
<NO> OOXML - Say NO To Microsoft Office broken standard
http://www.noooxml.org