[opencms-dev] Problem with CmsExtractorMsPowerPoint.processPOIFSReaderEvent(POIFSReaderEvent event) ...

Le Bach bachlv at gmail.com
Wed May 7 11:19:07 CEST 2008

 Dear all,

I am new to the OpenCMS 7, I got problem with execution of this function
(automatically called when publishing):

org.opencms.search.extractors.CmsExtractorMsPowerPoint.processPOIFSReaderEvent(POIFSReaderEvent
event) {
   int size = (int)LittleEndian.getUInt(buffer, i + 4) + 3;
   byte[] buf = new byte[size]; //produce error out of heap space here,
although JVM heap size is set to 1024MB (-Xmx 1024M)
}

The variable size above, with some powerpoint files, sometimes get the very
big number (>=1 million), then get OutOfMemoryError.

I strongly want to know the purpose of this function, and can I change code
script to avoid OutOfMemoryError without spoiling it ?

I'm looking for your idea.
Any help would be appreciated.

--
Bach Le