[opencms-dev] Difficulty creating a Widget Dialog

Brett Sheeran brett.sheeran at gmail.com
Thu May 8 02:05:28 CEST 2008

Hi,

Could someone tell me how to code a Widget dialog JSP so that when I
click on a value, OpenCMS returns that value to the parent edit page
field please? Details as follows.

I have looked at the existing Widgets and attempted (unsuccessfully)
to code my own. I created a widget called CmsRfsFileWidget, a "real
file system" equivalent to (and based on) the CmsVfsFileWidget.

My problem is I am unable to create a "real file system" version of
tree_files.jsp. As a first step, I would like to list several file
names  in the JSP and if a user clicks on a name, OpenCMS will copy
that name to the parent field.

Sounds simple enough, but I cannot see how to adapt a copy of
tree_files.jsp for that purpose. My problem is, I don't understand how
the existing tree_files.jsp will write a name to the parent field.

Is it possible to use CmsTree for "real files"? If not, is it possible
to create JavaScript so that if a name is clicked that value is
written to the parent field?

Thank you.

Regards Brett