[opencms-dev] Structured Content: Validationrules

Marc Schlegel my.mailing.lists at gmx.de
Thu May 15 00:46:46 CEST 2008

Hello Everyone

After fixing my last problem here comes the next. I added several
validationrules to my editors with different regular expressions which
are working fine. Only two small details are not working

The RegEx ^.*[\S]+.*$ that just checks if the field is empty or not is
working on every field except OpenCmsHtml. I have a lot of content in
the textarea but the regex always return false. I checked the XML
directly and the only thing I can imagine is that my element named
"Description" looks different when using a OpenCmsHtml. In the XML I
have <Description name="Description0"> ...
What does that Description0 mean? I am quite sure that this is causing
the problem. I only found one thread where someone had exactly the same
problem but there was no solution.

Furthermore I have a "Team" content that consinst of 2-4 "Driver"
elements. I added a validationrule using XPath "Driver[1]" and
"Driver[2]" because only those should be checked. It seems this
validationrule is just doing nothing...no error, nor message.

Is there a solution for this problems?

best regards