[opencms-dev] Server migration - serious opencms troubles

Jo Verelst jove at computersupport.be
Thu Jun 12 14:05:45 CEST 2008

Hello everyone,

I seriously hope I can get an answer this way, because I'm all out of
options.

The situation is:

2 years ago, we succesfully started using opencms 6.2.2, and built a
nice website on it. It ran fine untill a decision was made to migrate
the

hosting server to another one.

This means that we took a mysqldump of the opencms database, and
installed opencms on the other server. Then we modified the
opencms.properties file, so it would use the correct database, but
lately, we noticed something very strange.

Our new webserver was being memory drained by opencms (so also Tomcat).
While browsing into the opencms log files, I noticed that opencms was
starting up 6! (yes six) times. Off course, this is bad.

Even worse is, that I have no idea where to start looking...

Has anyone encoutered this problem before, or does someone know a
solution to this.

Configurations are:

Old system: opencms 6.2.2, Tomcat 5.5, Windows Server 2003, MySQL 5

New system: opencms 6.2.2, Tomcat 6, Ubuntu 8.04, MySQL 5

Thank you in advance,

Jo Verelst

Computer support NV : www.computersupport.be

Empowering your Business Through IT.

De inhoud van dit email bericht, samen met zijn attachments, is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde en kan vertrouwelijke informatie bevatten. Gebruik van deze informatie door anderen dan de geadresseerde is verboden. Openbaarmaking, vermenigvuldiging, verspreiding en/of verstrekking van deze informatie aan derden zonder toestemming is verboden. De afzender staat niet in voor de juistheid en volledigheid van de overbrenging van een verzonden email, noch voor tijdige ontvangst daarvan. Deze email en bijbehorende bijlages zijn gescand op aanwezigheid van computervirussen met een actuele virusscan.

The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. The sender is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this email nor for any delay in its receipt. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by an up to date virusscan for the presence of computer viruses.