[opencms-dev] Applet Error (Incompatible magic value)

Steve Bryan steve at bright-interactive.com
Fri Jun 13 10:53:30 CEST 2008

Hi Andreas

I had a similar problem recently after moving to a new server and upgrading
to 7, and spent many hours debugging the issue - see
http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2008q1/029420.html

Perhaps this applies for you too?

I was using mod_proxy in apache to forward to Tomcat on 8080. The code in
OpenCms 7 is flawed in my opinion, and creates a link to the applet based on
where the webapp thinks it is, and it includes the 8080 in the URL. My
client's users were unable to access port 8080 and the result was the error
below.

The best solution would be to change the source code (I reference it in the
article), but as a workaround I switched to use mod_jk instead of mod_proxy.

Hope that helps!

Steve