[opencms-dev] Subdomains and path mapping

Fabian Huschka fabian.huschka at componio.net
Mon Jun 16 10:00:36 CEST 2008

Hello Stéphane,

the solution is pretty simple:

1. Configure a virtual host for your subdomain within your webserver
(e.g. subdomain.domain.tld)
2. Append mod_jk directives for this virtual host
3. Withihn the opencms-system.xml file
(../WEB-INF/config/opencms-system.xml) add a new site to the sites section:

<site server="subdomain.domain.tld" uri="/sites/<path to the directory
you want to map>/">

    <!-- optional
    <secure server="https://subdomain.domain.tld" exclusive="false"
error="false"/>
    -->

</site>

Restart your application server (e.g. Tomcat) and your webserver.

Regards,

Fabian