[opencms-dev] Admin Static Export w/o Deleting non-OpenCms Files

David Clark daveclark at utah.gov
Fri Jun 20 18:59:44 CEST 2008

I have a problem with Database Management's Static Export deleting non-OpenCms RFS from the target export directory in the RFS.

I would like to use the OnDemand method of export since we have hundreds of directories of files that we could potentially export, some of which are frequently updated.
To maintain URI consistency with our existing website we would like to export these files to the same RFS directory currently being used by files (most of which are not read-only) that don't come from the OpenCms database.

Initially I need to run Static Export in Database Management, but this deletes all the read-only files, including those that come from sources other than the OpenCms database.  To prevent this I'm looking at renaming the target directory as a temp directory,  letting Static Export create a new version of the target directory with exported files from the VFS, moving those files to the temp directory, deleting the target directory, then renaming the temp directory as the target directory.  After this I believe the exported files from the VFS can be maintained effectively while coexisting with other files from other sources.  If I have to do another Database Management Static Export, I would need to go through a similar process.

I would like to know if I missed anything that would make this easier or even unnecessary, or if there are better solutions you could suggest.

Thanks,

David S. Clark
Programmer Analyst
Utah Department of Technology Services / Workforce Services
(801) 509-0060
daveclark at utah.gov