[opencms-dev] BUG: URLDecoder complains about content of password

Stefan Nehlsen sn at ltsh.de
Wed Jul 2 16:01:15 CEST 2008

I'm really new to OpenCMS and discovered a bug in one of my very first
actions.  Being a newbie I would propose that someone more expierenced
will look at this.

After installing version 7.0.4 I wanted to change the password and
entered something like that: "test%"

This leads to the following error message:

  URLDecoder: Incomplete trailing escape (%) pattern

I don't think that this is a error message you want to see in this
situation, instead it looks as that there is something happening on
the wrong level.

I created a different account and gave it a password like "test%20".
This string was accepted as password data but I wasn't able to login
with it even when I tried a decoded version "test ".

This is a bug -- a user is able to disable his account.

cu, Stefan
--
Stefan Nehlsen | ParlaNet Administration | sn at ltsh.de | +49 431 988-1260