[opencms-dev] Image Gallery widget - selecting the right gallery?

Steve Bryan steve at bright-interactive.com
Thu Jul 3 12:49:24 CEST 2008

Hi all

I've been working with Image Galleries quite a bit now and have noticed that
users really find it a pain to search for the right gallery, when adding
images to structured content items, if the site has more than 10 or so
different galleries. Usually I know at the time of writing the schema which
gallery is relevant for the particular image field.

Is there any way to specify in a structured content schema which gallery
that the Image Gallery browser should open at?

Eg in my schema I have:
<layout element="Image" widget="ImageGalleryWidget" />

But I want the widget to open at a particular gallery
/sites/mysite/images/wotsitgallery/

I have considered trying to extend the gallery widget but it looks like
quite a customisation, and I'm thinking this feature should really be
supported by OpenCms core.

Thanks
Steve