[opencms-dev] Portal integration (portlet version?) - 2nd part

David Valls roure david.valls at sogeti.com
Mon Jul 14 14:05:08 CEST 2008

Hi List,

last week i asked for the 'best' way to integrate web 2.0 functions in
an OpenCMS site. Now, bosses and customer have decided: we will
integrate existing WebSphere Portal 6.1 Installation with OpenCMS.

I've been looking for ready to install portlets that publish OpenCMS
pages as portlets, but the one i found (opencms portlet at
sourceforge) don't works as i expected; what i've seen is that
basically it requests OpenCMS server, reads response and writes all
tet to PortletOutputStream. Maybe i haven't installed or configured
correctly; but with portlet code that is what i've seen.

This is not such bad aproach, and in this way, i've developed a
redirection portlet that executes a request to a server (using commons
HTTPClient) to handle Http1.1 and cookies, gets all response and
parses it to an HTML document (using HTML Parser from sourceforge),
fix all links to follow them using same redirection portlet, and
embedded resources using a servlet Redirector; finally, it writes
modified text as text/html.

This way, we can include OpenCMS content in WebSphere Portal, but we
can't use direct editing feature nor using the administration console
inside the portal interface. It's not the best option, but we can
reach major functionality.

There is some portlet (commercial or opensource) that we can use to
add OpenCMS content to our site, and allowing the user to direct edit
page content? There is the possibility to do this? how?

Thanks in advice,

David Valls.