[opencms-dev] Announcement: First OpenCms Development Sprint in Cologne, Germany

Pomegranate Software- Arash Kaffamanesh arash.kaffamanesh at pomegranate.de
Tue Jul 22 02:30:31 CEST 2008

Hi Alex,
hello together,

good news and many thanks for providing the possibility for everyone to
come together again at the developer sprint in September.
Here is a short first idea (I have a Dream ;-)) about OpenCms Social
Computing and Community Software Project Initiative for today's WEB 2.0
Society Support:
http://www.pomegranate.de:83/wsf7/export/master/en/Solutions/communici.html

TemplateTwo, Alkacon's OAMP Modules like Calendar, Survey, User
registration .., and other Community modules or upcoming embedded
standalone bundles show the increasing demand for such community
supporting modules for building social computing software for public and
business sectors and I appreciate your ongoing great work supporting
this Web 2.0 concepts (not to say Web 3.0 or 3D ;-))
You mentioned during your keynote about the following key technological
improvements which will / could be part of the upcoming OpenCms 7.x /
8.0 versions:

Workflow Support
Java Content Repository (JSR 170) support (Apache Jackrabbit for better
ECM support?)
JPA Support
Native Support for JavaScript (and other languages like JRuby near
Sebastian's Groovy and PHP support?)

I think, it would be also worth thinking about it again how to support
the integration of Pluto 2.0 Portlet Container (JSR 268) and showcase
the Web Services Support for OpenCms (JAX-WS 2.0 RESTful, SOA or
something like this ;-)) and discuss it during the developer sprint
about the added value through this integration with OpenCms from several
technological, marketing and business point of view!

So I'm curios about what do you think and would like to know how the
community thinks about these ideas!

Best,
Arash

Arash Kaffamanesh
--
Pomegranate Software | Enterprise Open Source Solutions. For Life!
http://www.pomegranate.de