[opencms-dev] Packet for query is too large - my.cnf doesn't fix

Brad Clemmons Jr brad.clemmons at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 23:52:56 CEST 2008

Hi all.

I'm running OpenCMS 7.0.4 with mysql 5 on Cent0S5 and I'm running into this
error:

"com.mysql.jdbc.PacketTooBigException: Packet for query is too large"

Before everyone jumps on me to check the archives...I've already changed the
my.cnf to 16, 32, and 64M respectively.  Neither worked.  I changed the
sizes, restarted the mysqld and same error occurs when trying to upload
anything over 1mb via the upload applet in the opencms management console.

Any ideas?  Am I missing something obvious right under my nose?

Thanks,

Brad