[opencms-dev] FileUploadApplet Blocked on Port 8080

Brett Sheeran brett.sheeran at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 05:41:27 CEST 2008

Hi,

We have an issue with OpenCMS attempting to serve the FileUploadApplet
through a blocked port. Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue?
Details as follows.

We are running OpenCMS 7.0.4 on port 8080 behind an Apache proxy.
However, when we click on the upload icon (newresource_upload.jsp) the
Applet fails to load. The markup for newresource_upload.jsp specifies
port 8080.

<applet code="org.opencms.applet.upload.FileUploadApplet.class"
archive="http://192.1668.1.15:8080/resources/components/upload_applet/upload.jar"
width="500" height="100">

Unfortunately port 8080 is blocked from users, hence our issue. I see
this problem came up a few months ago.

http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2008q1/029420.html

Did anybody have a fix for this issue?

Cheers