[opencms-dev] Error during static export

Chirouze Olivier olivier.chirouze at volvo.com
Wed Aug 6 10:33:09 CEST 2008

Hi Jehan,

I played a lot with the static export these days ;-)

I got the same error and found the explanation and solution!!

What I understood is that when doing a static export, OpenCms has 2
behaviours (gurus, correct me if I understood wrong):
- for non-template files, it just copies the file to filesystem
- for template files, the files need to be "compiled" against a
template. And what's the easiest way to get the compiled file?... to
request it! So OpenCms just connects to itself to query the file
throught HTTP, as a web browser would do.

To achieve this, OpenCms needs to build the request URL. This URL is
based on exporturl tag. You will see that in your case, the url is not
correct because the default value is set for Tomcat. You need to replace
127.0.0.1:8080 with your actual server host (probably something around
127.0.0.1:9080, just check how you access OpenCms with your browser).

That brings me to a note to OpenCms developpers: why should the
servername / port be hardcoded in the file, while OpenCms could very
easily get its own runtime servername programatically?

Olivier

Olivier CHIROUZE
I&0 Infrastructure
Volvo Information Technology