[opencms-dev] [OpenCms code] SynchronizeModification

Chirouze Olivier olivier.chirouze at volvo.com
Fri Aug 8 13:49:22 CEST 2008

Hi,

This is a question for gurus of OpenCms coding.

I would like to trick "Folder Synchronize" method. In fact, I would like
that the template files are not just copied as xml files, but "exported"
as the html result of templating (this is what happens when doing a
static export).

Looking at OpenCms code, I found traces of "Synchronize modifications".
The code comments point to external methods that can be called after
synchronization. This looks great for what I want.

However... In CmsSynchronize class, I don't see any place where the list
of "modifications" are set. The m_synchronizeModifications class member
seems to be only read, never filled up!

So... my question is: is this "post synchronization modifications"
feature a plan for next releases or is it actually usable today? In the
later case, how? :-)

Thanks!

Olivier