[opencms-dev] Copy Permission - Write for Source Folder

Hendrik Jander hendrik.jander at pixelpark.com
Mon Aug 11 12:35:35 CEST 2008

I made a mistake in the previous mail. I ment Write permissions for Source folder.

Kind regards,
Hendrik

 _____
Von: opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org [mailto:opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org] Im Auftrag von Hendrik JanderGesendet: Montag, 11. August 2008 11:55An: opencms-dev at opencms.orgBetreff: [opencms-dev] Copy Permission - Write for TargetFolder
Hello List,

we have a scenario were a user shall be allowed to copy xml-contents from a shared folder to his own folder.
For the all-user-shared folder he has read permissions, for his own he has write permissions.

Currently it is not possible to copy because OpenCms aborts the operation, with the reason that "+write" permissions are missing.
(for the folder to read).

I debugged the code and found that Opencms checks Write permissions in general (CmsCopy, Line 391 in Version 6.23)

Do I miss something fundamental or this known and wanted behaviour ??

Kind regards,
Hendrik