[opencms-dev] Export and Import module in OpenCms ver 7.0.5

Andrea Puddu docpuddu at tiscali.it
Tue Aug 12 16:43:23 CEST 2008

Hi everybody,
I have been dealing for some time with the new version of OpenCms and I
think I've found an unwanted behaviour regarding module export/import.
If I develop a new module or as below I change an existing one and then
export it, in the manifest.xml I'll have

<export_version>7</export_version>

When I try to import in another 7.0.5 server (or even in the same server
where I performed the export) I get the following error:

Importing module ... /org.opencms.welcome/ ... Error, no import class
for import version found for file
/opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.23/webapps/opencms/WEB-INF/packages/modules/org.opencms.welcome_7.0.5.zip
Publishing project ...
Publishing resources ...
Statistics: published files: 0, published folders: 0, deleted folders:
0, duration: 00:00:00
... the resources have been published
Exporting Non-Template Resources ...
... exporting Non-Template Resources is finished.
Statistics: duration: 00:00:00
... the project has been published
... the module has been imported

If I manual edit the manifest.xml changing the above's line as follows
<export_version>6</export_version>

I'll succeed in importing the changed module.

Is there anything I missed? Why "export_version 7" is not correct? Is
this a sort of bug?
Anyone has experienced the same?

Thanks in advance!
Ciao,