[opencms-dev] Redirect in OpenCms

Marc Schlegel my.mailing.lists at gmx.de
Wed Aug 13 03:31:28 CEST 2008

Good Evening Everyone

I know this question already arose sometimes, but none of the
suggestions seem to work for me.
When my users logout, they should be redirected to the start-page to
ensure they are not in a restricted area any more (which would end up in
an error). I tried several redirect approaches like the standard jsp-way
sendRedirect(cms.link("/")) or the RedirectUtils from OC. It is just not
working. Can someone explain to me how I have to do this in the right way?

In addition, I am not sure if this is related but right now I think it
is, the Cookies I set are not getting the maximum life-time even though
I use setMaxAge(365 x 60 x 60...). The Cookies are set, but the lifetime
ends with the second they are created. Since they are stored in the
response I think this might be related to the redirect problem I have.

thanks in advance
-- Marc