[opencms-dev] IE freezes up but only for some users

Brian Jacobs bjacobs at rednoodle.com
Wed Aug 13 17:55:15 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have a strange puzzle.

For a site (as opposed to the admin interface) a client is reporting
that some users of IE see the site freeze up after viewing 3 or 4
pages. IE just sits there trying to load the next page.

The problem is bizarre in that the problem the affected people and
unaffected people can be using the exact same build of IE. Firefox is
unaffected.

And the affected people can view other sites that I have built in the
same way without trouble, with all of those sites hosted off the same
server. I built all the sites using the same approach of coding, I
haven't found anything strange in the templates.

The problem seems to come from the templates though. I built some
simple test pages that don't use my usual templates, just plain files
with HTML in them. At least one user who is affected by this problem
can view these test pages without the freeze up. So I tend to rule
out some error in how I configured OpenCMS for this site.

If anybody has any thoughts on this problem, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks
    Brian

    Brian Jacobs
    Red Noodle