[opencms-dev] Best Practices for Setting up 'staging' environment for Content?

Mathias Lin mathias.conradt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 03:23:59 CEST 2008

Hi Art,

where is the XML stored - in OpenCms? If you want to use the time warp, it's
probably important to use the OpenCms API to retrieve the content, rather
than a direct DB access, in order for the timewarp to work.

Generally I would have said, use the 'offline' and 'online' project mode for
the two site versions, but earlier you mentioned "These concepts are
separate from the Published/Unpublished concepts in OpenCMS. ". Why wouldn't
the built-in offline/online mode work for you, I didn't get that completely.

Instead of setting up two OpenCms instances, you might also just work with
two different sites in one OpenCms instance, since OpenCms support
multi-site. So you don't need to maintain two systems.

Mathias Lin
VP Products & Technologies
SYSVISION USA, INC.
www.sysvisionusa.com