[opencms-dev] Performance

Roman Uhlig roman.uhlig at knve.de
Thu Aug 28 12:26:36 CEST 2008

We think it's the overhauled OpenCms 7 engine as well as the PostgreSQL
update (8.3 is known for having great performance improvements). It has
probably not that much to do with JDK/Tomcat upgrades.

Also, during the update we exported all OpenCms projects and re-imported
them in the new OpenCms 7. This process dropped the whole resource history,
which caused the database to drop from about 6 GB to 3 GB. This quite
uncontrolled history mechanism still frightens me a bit. In a heavily
changing environment it may inflate the size of your database more than you
might like.

Roman