[opencms-dev] need some help on customizing the <cms:link> tag

kk fenghuohou at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 4 16:58:28 CEST 2008

Dear together,

my name is kunkun. I am a computerscience-student in Germany. I am working on a project, which extends opencms with some new features.

The problem is:

1. I have to mark the links, that i create on a site, with something like an ID.
2. Then i have to log the Link ID, whenever the link is clicked on the site, when it is made online.

Can u give me some Ideas, how to do that?

My idea is to create a class, which inherits the internal link class of OpenCms, and change the html-code that is generated during constuction of the link.

But with which class should I start. There is a class named CmsJspTagLink, which can be used with <cms:link>.
The class CmsLinkManager is also used to substitute the name for links inside the VFS System. But how do i do
it in general purpose not only for internal links?

I am looking for some ideas asap.

Thank u very much.

Kunkun