[opencms-dev] more questions on customizing the <cms:link> Tag

kk fenghuohou at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 5 14:27:17 CEST 2008

Hi together,

Thank you very much for your fast Replies.

In the last email, I tried to formulate the problem as easy as possible.
The thing is, I have to create a module, which can build a dynamic user profile.

The module should be possible to build "Zones" consisting of contents like text, links, pictures etc.
These contents in a Zone will have an attribute ZoneID, so I know they belong to one zone. At the end I want to
log user actions (for example clicking a link) on the zones.

>I wouldn't mess with opencms in that way? I would simply create a filter and
>log all links to /opencms/opencms/?.

>why can't the URL be that "link id" you talk about?
>JORDI MART

For example:

I have 3 links pointing to the same url. They belong to different zones.
I want to know in which "Zone" the link was klicked.

If I only log the postrequest, I won't know exactly which of the three links was klicked.

That's why I think Jordi's Solution perhaps won't work for me.

To Michael:

>Use the <cms:parse> tag and write your own parser that is triggered by
>link tags. Modifiy the link tags with the id, e.g. the hash code of the
>target and write this into a database.
>Sonthing that holds the id, the target and the number of hits.
>In addition add some code to your link that starts a ajax request when
>the link is klicked. The target of this ajax reqeust must receive the id
>and increase the number of hits for this id.

I think your solution is more like what I need.

I will learn more on <cms:parse> .

Another Question:

If I want to create "Zones" like mentioned above, I can do that by defining my own Structured Content with XML-Schema-Definition, right? Or am I on the wrong way?

thank you a lot for your help

Kunkun