[opencms-dev] Permanent Redirect (301) in OpenCms

Roman Uhlig roman.uhlig at knve.de
Thu Sep 11 17:36:59 CEST 2008

This bothers me for quite some time so I decided to ask for help here:

I tried to do a search machine friendly permanent redirect (301) in a
OpenCms JSP page, without success. I tried the following:

<%
CmsFlexController controller = CmsFlexController.getController(request);
response = controller.getTopResponse();
response.setStatus(301);
response.setHeader( "Location", "http://www.target-site.de" );
response.setHeader( "Connection", "close" );
return;
%>

Unfortunately this doesn't work, I get a 200 status in return. Since I don't
think that this isn't possible with OpenCms, I'd like to ask for help.

Thanks in advance,
Roman