[opencms-dev] XML-declaration leads to misinterpretation of rss feed

Webmaster webmaster at lenord.de
Mon Sep 15 13:36:30 CEST 2008

Hello

We are using the rss4j library to create a rss feed and write it
directly to the JspWriter out.

Before the following settings are done:

// Set content and header Information:
HttpServletResponse topResponse = controller.getTopResponse();
topResponse.setContentType("text/xml");
topResponse.addHeader("Content-Disposition", "filename=feed.xml");

// Create RSS document.
RssDocument doc = new RssDocument();
doc.setVersion(RssDocument.VERSION_10);
[...]
RssGenerator.generateRss(doc,out);

The problem is, that the resulting file gets a xml declaration which
includes the standalone attribute.

The standalone attribute prevents the usage the the xml schema below:
<rdf:RDF xmlns="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/"
xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">

Question: Does anyone know, how it is possible to suppress the
standalone attribute and where this declaration comes from?

Kind regards

S. Hamelmann

--

Lenord + Bauer Online Team

Lenord, Bauer & Co. GmbH
Dohlenstr. 32
46145 Oberhausen
Germany

Phone: +49 208 9963-0
Fax:  + 49 208 677 642

http://www.lenord.de

Lenord, Bauer & Co. GmbH - Dohlenstrasse 32 - 46145 Oberhausen - Germany
Geschäftsführer/Managing director: Hans-Georg Wilk
Amtsgericht/Trade register: Duisburg HRB 12033
Tel.: +49 (0)208 9963-0 - Fax: +49 (0)208 676292
Internet: www.lenord.de - E-Mail: info at lenord.de

Besuchen Sie unsere Website und abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter unter
www.lenord.de/newsletter. So bleiben Sie stets auf dem Laufenden!
Visit our website and subscribe to our newsletter at
www.lenord.de/newsletter. It keeps you up to date!