[opencms-dev] Deployment security problem

Leonardo Moreno leonardo.moreno at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 23:53:12 CEST 2008

Hi

I'm installing Opencms 7.0.5 on a ubuntu hardy box with tomcat5.5 and
openjdk 6.

The tomcat default apps work fine but when i try to deploy opencms.war
tomcat throws a security exception shown below. I checked the permission
in the policy file and all appear in order. I'd like to know if some of
you have experienced this problem and what are the possible solutions.

Error:
17-Sep-2008 20:46:20 org.apache.catalina.startup.TldConfig tldScanJar
SEVERE: Exception processing TLD META-INF/c-1_0-rt.tld in JAR at
resource path
/usr/share/tomcat5.5-webapps/opencms/WEB-INF/lib/standard-1.1.2.jar in
context /opencms
(java.io.FilePermission /usr/share/java/jsp-api-2.0.jar read)

Security policy:
// These permissions apply to all JARs from Debian packages
grant codeBase "file:/usr/share/java/-" {
  permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

thanks in advance
Leo