[opencms-dev] Configuring Multisite without mod_jk

Fidel Viegas fidel.viegas at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 00:58:25 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 4:00 PM, Fidel Viegas <fidel.viegas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have been reading the documenation about setting up opencms or
> multisites, and I was wondering if there an alternative way of
> configuring opencms using only tomcat. Also, is there a way of getting
> rid of the /opencms/opencms/ prefix by using only tomcat?

Ok, I guess that for mulsite settings I really have to use mod_jk.
Now, with regards to getting rid of the /opencms/opencms/ from within
tomcat only, I tried to mess with the web.xml and I tried everything
to get rid of it. I managed to get rid of the first /opencms by making
the app ROOT. Now, when I tried to change the context-param and the
servlet-mapping to /*, it did not work. A blank page would show up. I
can, though, change from opencms to any other name. That works fine.

Does anyone know a workaround to this? What should I set both the
context-param and the servlet-mapping to in order to get rid of the
last opencms prefix?

This is what I have tried:

    <context-param>

        <param-name>OpenCmsServlet</param-name>

        <param-value>/*</param-value>

    </context-param>

    <servlet-mapping>

        <servlet-name>OpenCmsServlet</servlet-name>

        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>

    </servlet-mapping>

And I don't get any error message from trying to access the
/system/login, just a blank page.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks in advance,

Fidel.