[opencms-dev] OpenCMS 7 Slow when navigating browser

djano djanousek at iesabroad.org
Thu Oct 2 17:52:25 CEST 2008

I am running OpenCMS 7.0.3 on SQL Server 2005 (upgraded from OpenCMS 6.2.3 on
MySQL) and I have noticed that the OpenCMS environment is very slow to load
when navigating between folders and accessing the editor.  I was wondering
what kind of performance enhancements the community could suggest to
optimize.

Are there any limitations between number and size of files that OpenCMS can
handle before it begins experiencing problems?  We have a large number of
PDFs and images present within our site.  We also have a few thousand pages
pages spread across a number of folders.  Are there any limitations on the
SQL Server driver created for OpenCMS?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Daniel Janousek