[opencms-dev] SQL Server and CONCAT Error

opencms . opencms at glenray.com.au
Fri Oct 10 00:58:05 CEST 2008

Hey all

I've worn out Google looking for a solution to my problem and this is my
last resort. I have everything installed and running except I can't see
context menu's within the workplace. I've narrowed it down to the fact
CONCAT doesn't exist for SQL Server. I have tried modifying the
query.properties file within the opencms.jar file to include the following.

# MS SQL specific because of missing concat function: use concat operator +
C_READ_RESOURCE_OUS=\
SELECT DISTINCT \
  ${C_RELATIONS_SELECT_ATTRIBS} \
FROM \
  CMS_${PROJECT}_RESOURCE_RELATIONS \
WHERE \
  CMS_${PROJECT}_RESOURCE_RELATIONS.RELATION_TYPE = ? \
  AND ? LIKE (CMS_${PROJECT}_RESOURCE_RELATIONS.RELATION_TARGET_PATH + '%')

Which has been suggested by a few people. But as soon as I stick the .jar
file back into WEB-INF\lib I can't start opencms back up. Do I have to do
anything special when creating the .jar file? Does someone have a working
.jar file for SQL Server that they can e-mail me? Any help on the matter
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Richard.