[opencms-dev] Newbie documentation

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Thu Oct 23 16:40:46 CEST 2008

The biggest choice is whether to base your site on Template Two or to build
things from scratch.  Imho, for an experienced JSP/Java developer, it's
simpler to do the latter - otherwise, instead of programming in Java and JSP
with the occasional foray into OpenCms source code to work out what's going
on, you're programming in the strange and
probably-not-awfully-well-documented world of Template Two.  Basing a site
on TemplateTwo also means that unless your requirements happen to be similar
to those delivered by Template Two, you're in for a lot of customisation.

The OpenCms 7 book is probably a good place to start.

Jon