[opencms-dev] Problem deploying OpenCMS, Version 7.0.5

Robert Brown III rbrown3 at bluebottle.com
Mon Oct 27 00:23:17 CET 2008

Jon:

   I am uncertain if the problem is related to the URL, because it is not the setup that is failing. It is the deployment process that you have to go through *before* the setup.

   In other words, the setup code isn't even being accessed -- at least, it isn't by me. What is happening is that I am attempting to deploy the war file to the server, and the deployment is failing because of the setup wizard which I am not even running yet!

   As for RTFM, I already have gone through the install documentation several times. The OpenCMS site does not provide documentation for installing on anything other than Tomcat -- in fact, the only thing it says about using app servers it that they've "seen" it deployed on Websphere. The FUM which I have been R- ing is absolutely no help!

   Thanks for the response, though. If you remember anything about the solution you came up with, please feel free to let me know...

-RB3