[opencms-dev] strange behaviour when inserting a link

Ken Fretwell Ken.Fretwell at avivagroup.com.au
Wed Nov 12 00:04:18 CET 2008

We too have just noticed this issue, and yes only in firefox 3, its been driving our editors absolutely nuts!. its an fckeditor bug. after googling a bit i found more info here:
http://forums.phplist.com/viewtopic.php?t=18830&start=0&sid=66ca72df1fc3a0e48326f116b2a72127
the file to edit in opencms is located here:
/system/workplace/resources/editors/fckeditor/editor/js/
I haven't tested this extensively, but link creation appears to be working for us again.
I did notice on manually editing the file in opencms it appeard to put some end of line characters in the js (or something like this) that then threw errors on editing. My quick fix was to export the file, make the changes with a text editor and then reimport and publish the file. To save anyone who has this problem some time, I've placed an allready fixed export of the file on our web site so you can simply download and import/publish. Don't forget to clear your firefox cache so it downloads the new js file...

http://www.avivagroup.com.au/web/cms/aviva/public/documents/gecko_fix.zip

Thanks,

   ken.

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----