[opencms-dev] OpenCMS WebForm module password filed issue

Sergey Sadovnikov flex_ferrum at artberg.ru
Wed Nov 12 11:55:14 CET 2008

Hello.

During setting up webuser registration form I was face to strange
behavior of the 'Password field'. If this field was leave empty or
entered password is not match to the validation mask, error message
doesn't appear under the input field. But title of this field is
became red.

How can I register WebRegistration module bug because of investigation of the
WebForm module source code shows that this is a bug.
Function
public String buildHtml(CmsFormHandler formHandler, CmsMessages messages, String errorKey, boolean showMandatory) {
of the 'com.alkacon.opencms.registration.CmsPasswordField' class
calculates error message but never shows it during HTML build.

Also WebRegistration module has another strange issue. It suppresses
exceptions appeared during registration process so user could be
confused when registration failed because of no error messages are
displayed except what registration was not proceeded.

--
Best Regards,
 Sergey                          mailto:ssadovnikov at egopolis.com