[opencms-dev] Question regarding development plans

Uwe Stoerrlein Uwe.Stoerrlein at alabus.com
Tue Nov 18 11:30:53 CET 2008

Dear all

We are using OpenCMS as a plattform for ISO - systems, including a set
of templates for specific processes and a continous improvement process
for changes.

To insure that all external documents (file system) and internal XML
files (within OpenCMS) are in sync (version number, revision, authorizer
and the like) it is necessary to read and write into external documents.

The current OpenCMS 7.0.x is using POI 2.5 to do so (for the search
engine). Unfortunatly the functionality we need to write into a Word or
Excel document is supported in POI 3.2.

Is there a plan to move to POI 3.2 or above and if so, do you have a
timeplan when this will happen?

We want to stay and be compliant with the official versions and releases
and do not want to create an own release.

Thank you very much for your help.

With best regards

Uwe Störrlein

alabus ag