[opencms-dev] workplace is not rendered correctly

Manfred Schenk manfred.schenk at zerobyte.de
Thu Nov 20 14:04:03 CET 2008

Florian Hopf schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Manfred Schenk schrieb:
>> Urban Engemyr schrieb:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Installed opencms standalone first and that worked fine. Then i
>>> uninstalled and made a new installation using the apache http proxy
>>> method described in the documentation and everyting works fine except
>>> that the workplace tool layout is corrupt, I can't see all icons
>>> (toolbar row too low to fit the icons) and also some text is rendered
>>> over each other. I have tried IE6, IE7, Firefox 2 and Opera, all with
>>> the same result. I have also searched the mailing lists with no luck.
>>> Any idea what the problem could be?
>>>
>> I think that one/some of the css-files cannot be found by the browser so
>> it uses its standard settings.
>>
>> I've searched the web for this problem but only found one person
>> suggesting to reinstall opencms again until it works. But I think this
>> cannot be the solution.
>>

> Probably your static export configuration is broken. Try if you can
> resolve the problem by starting a static export in the administration view.

When trying to trigger the static export in the admin view as you
suggested I get the following exceptions:

( 1 / 579 ) Exporting
/sites/default/alkacon-documentation/documentation_modules/create_modules.html
... Exception java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:157)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:388)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:523)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:231)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:304)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:321)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(HttpURLConnection.java:813)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.java:765)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:690)
at
org.opencms.staticexport.CmsAfterPublishStaticExportHandler.exportTemplateResource(CmsAfterPublishStaticExportHandler.java:438)
at
org.opencms.staticexport.CmsAfterPublishStaticExportHandler.exportTemplateResources(CmsAfterPublishStaticExportHandler.java:509)
at
org.opencms.staticexport.CmsAfterPublishStaticExportHandler.doExportAfterPublish(CmsAfterPublishStaticExportHandler.java:166)
at
org.opencms.staticexport.CmsStaticExportManager.exportFullStaticRender(CmsStaticExportManager.java:715)
at
org.opencms.workplace.tools.database.CmsStaticExportThread.run(CmsStaticExportThread.java:84)

This exception is repeated several times for other filenames..

Regards,
Manfred

--
| Manfred Schenk              | born between RFC638 and RFC640
| PGP-Keys unter              |