[opencms-dev] Create new custom Gallery

Sandrine Prousteau s.prousteau at eurelis.com
Fri Dec 12 15:33:35 CET 2008

Hi
I'm interested in creating a new gallery type.
I've created custom type deriveted from xmlcontent, like new-content,
article-content etc... and I want to use a gallery for manage these
types.
Do you have some tutorial to create a new gallery type?

My first steps are:
* create gallerytype folder under
/system/workplace/admin/galleryoverview and file in it.
* define gallerytype in my module config with
	<type
class="org.opencms.file.types.CmsResourceTypeFolderExtended"
name="newgallery" id="1900">
   		<param
name="folder.class">org.opencms.workplace.galleries.CmsDownloadGallery</
param>
	</type>
And
	<explorertype name="newgallery" key="fileicon.newgallery"
icon="downloadgallery.gif">
   		<newresource page="extendedfolder"
uri="newresource.jsp?newresourcetype=newgallery" order="20"
autosetnavigation="false" autosettitle="false" info="desc.newgallery" />
	</explorertype>
But when I click on the new button in Administration view > Gallery
Overview, I have the list of my new galleries but no breadcrumb on top,
and no contextmenu on my galleries...