[opencms-dev] Adding a new element into xml content programatically

Sebastian Himberger sebastian.himberger at gmx.de
Fri Dec 12 16:15:50 CET 2008

Hi,

it's the addValue method. I put together some example JSP calls on my blog:

http://www.sebastian.himberger.de/blog/2008/12/12/manipulating-opencms-xmlcontent-programatically-some-examples

I keep forgetting it too. This is the important part:

// This is a new version (in this case it is a nested schema
I_CmsXmlContentValue addedVersionValue = xmlContent.addValue(cmso,versionElement ,locale,0);

// Add a new element to the created version (nested schema)
I_CmsXmlContentValue addedFileValueRaw = xmlContent.addValue(
  cmso,addedVersionValue.getPath() + "/" + fileElement,locale,0);
CmsXmlVfsFileValue addedFileValue = (CmsXmlVfsFileValue ) addedFileValueRaw;
addedFileValue.setStringValue(cmso,resource);

Best regards,
Sebastian