[opencms-dev] overriding links as internal

Steve Bryan steve at bright-interactive.com
Thu Jan 15 12:53:20 CET 2009

Hi

There is another solution, you can create external link/'pointer' objects
for the URLs you want to be unchanged (even if they are in fact internal),
then add those to your HTML using the editor.

OpenCms does not mess with those.

So
* create a link gallery called 'Internal Links'
* Create a link object as required, for 'http://www.site1.com/blah..'
* In your html editor, insert that link object

When the HTML is rendered by OpenCms, it won't mess with the URL.

Note you can put relative links in the pointer objects, eg
'../../non-opencms-link-in-same-site.html' - this is useful if you want to
link to a non-opencms page in the same website (eg a struts or spring url).

Hope that helps
Steve