[opencms-dev] Static export / delete export-folder on publish ?!

Marc Johnen opencms at johnen.biz
Tue Jan 27 01:11:30 CET 2009

Hello everyone,

I successfully configured a website for static export which is basically
working fine.
There is a major problem though. The site has a navigation based on
javascript
which enables you to navigate the every single page on the website. This
navigation
also appears on every single page. Now when I do a complete static export it
works
fine. But when I add a single page and publish it, it does not appear on any
of the
exported pages,which makes kind of sense because the exported pages are not
being updated.

I'm using the CmsOnDemandStaticExportHandler and I know, that I could use
the CmsAfterPublishStaticExportHandler. But when I do, it takes approx. 10
Min.
to publish the complete website which is not acceptable. There are many
people
working on the website, publishing a page many times a day.

I noticed, that when I simply delete the complete export-directory, the
pages are
being exported on demand (as the export handler says).
Now I'm wondering if I can't simply delete the export-directory everytime a
page
is published and if so how? This way the load for static export would be
more evenly
spread throughout the day (not having peaks where everything slows down).

Any hint would be highly appreciated.

Greetings
Marc