[opencms-dev] Error #404 at every URL

Iván V.G. ivelamazan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 13:57:13 CET 2009

Hi everybody:

Does anybody know why I can't see any OpenCms page at all (nor the
workplace)?  All of them shows the "A system error reading a resource
occurred!" #404 server error message instead of the actual page.

I suppose it has to do something with some RFS folder permission (I
was suspecting about the "export" folder...), but I can't get it. I've
compared my installation with other I have here and I can't find much
differences. The new "export" folder has many less files than the
working installation, but the files used for the actual error page
(such as the warning symbol) are created there.

My new installation runs on Debian 4.0, with Tomcat 5.5 and MySQL
5.0.32, all installed from official Debian repositories. I've tried
importing the old database and using the setup wizard from zero, with
the same results. It's installed as the "ROOT" web application, and
I'm consciously using the security manager (although I've tried
deactivating it without success), for which I've given the following
permissions in "/etc/tomcat5.5/policy.d/50user.policy":

    grant codeBase "file:/usr/share/tomcat5.5/bin/tomcat-juli.jar" {
      permission java.io.FilePermission
"/var/lib/tomcat5.5/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/logging.properties",
"read";
    };
    grant codeBase "file:/var/lib/tomcat5.5/webapps/ROOT/-" {
      permission java.security.AllPermission;
    };

What's happening, what I'm missing? Do you have a similar installation
and can you show me the contents of your "50user.policy" file?

Thank you in advance.

--