[opencms-dev] Help Static Export - opencms-importexport.xml

Andrea Puddu docpuddu at tiscali.it
Fri Feb 13 17:18:11 CET 2009

Hi everybody,
has anyone tried an export rule where the export action involves just one file?
Have a look at the following (from opencms-importexport.xml):

(...)
<export-rule>
        <name>My Rule</name>
        <description>
                exports a single file (map.xml) when a new article is published
        </description>
        <modified-resources>
                <regex>/sites/mysite/articles/.*</regex>
        </modified-resources>
        <export-resources>
                <uri>/sites/mysite/map.xml</uri>
        </export-resources>
</export-rule>
(...)

In my experience it seems not possible to export a single file, so you should
have something like:
<uri>/sites/mysite/</uri>

But in this case, every resources inside /sites/mysite/ will be exported
as well, unfortunately.

I know that I can make a specific folder like /sites/mysite/specific/
and put the "map.xml" inside... (so that only map.xml will be exported)
but it would be nice if I could export a single file without using
this work-around tecnique.

Has anyone experienced the same? Any idea about it?
Thanks!
   Andrea

Andrea Puddu
docpuddu at tiscali dot it